We bring the entertainment to YOU!
We’ve played house concerts for 15 to 150 from Canada to Europe. We would love to play in your home!
Below is a recent house concert we did. This playlist of 5 videos has 4 excerpted songs and then the whole show which shows some of what we do live.
House Concerts are becoming more and more popular all over Canada and around the world. It is a favourite way for us to perform because the intimate venue provide a real connection with the audiences. You and your friends can truly appreciate the music in this relaxed setting and you can be a part of this growing musical community! It’s quite easy and so much fun. All you have to do is gather maybe 20 or more of your friends together and we’ll bring everything else we need to perform a concert right up close and personal.
Common Questions and What to Expect
- House concerts are by donation. People usually make a suggested donation of $15 to $25 to the musicians. They can donate to the musicians direct, or you can handle the money yourself, whatever is most comfortable for you.
- We also have PayPal and Square for accepting credit cards, as needed, for both donations and for merchandise (CD’s etc).
- If you choose to serve refreshments to your guests, we suggest you have a donation jar for refreshments. Some hosts say ‘Bring your own…whatever” and have potlucks etc. That’s all great and up to you as hosts.
- Sometimes people need to rent chairs but usually hosts have enough chairs, pillows, staircases and all sorts of seating that can happen. It’s part of the magic.
- Some hosts prefer a small donation from ticket revenue and that’s perfectly okay. We appreciate and value the effort and want you to feel happy with all aspects of the evening. We understand ‘out of pocket’ costs and when asked, we work with you on that. We have hosted very many house concerts ourselves, we get it!
- Often the artists are able to stay the night in the host’s home but it is not ‘mandatory’. It just helps a lot! It is not necessary to provide food and accommodation to the musicians, but both are usually most welcome and go a long way to offset the costs of travel, which can be really expensive. Any little bit helps. Just be clear what you are willing to offer the musicians so they can make alternate arrangements in advance.
- As Campbell + Green, we usually play two sets of ~50 minutes each, with a 20 – 30 minute break in between. That makes for a comfortable two to two and a half hour evening, or afternoon. We are flexible if you prefer something different.
- Time of day or evening we perform is up to you, our schedule and what you think will be most acceptable to your guests.
- People attending a house concert are generally expected to sit quietly as though attending a concert in a hall. The musicians themselves will invite your guests to participate, sing along, or dance as is fitting with the music and the room. Most important to understand is that a house concert is not a party where musicians are expected to play music in the background. It is an opportunity for the audience to enjoy the artist’s work fully. And, yes, sometimes a fun party and sing-song does break out during or after the show!
- CD sales may be directly handled by the artist off the ‘stage’ or off a table. Of course, Campbell + Green always make a point of presenting the hosts with a free CD (or two!) and much gratitude for opening their home!
- Once the concert begins, relax and Enjoy! Let us do the entertaining. It’s what we do!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! We have hosted many house concerts, since 2008, and have had shows from 6 to 76 people in our home. We know it can be uncharted territory at first but once you get started, we know you will love it. We are more than happy to discuss any aspect of hosting a house concert you may be concerned about.
Email us! We’d love to chat with you.