We bring the entertainment to YOU!
House concerts are fast becoming one of the most enjoyable music venues for both artists and music fans around the world. Every house concert we’ve played in Canada and Europe has been unique and wonderful, with many special and happy memories. It is a relaxed listening venue where the audience is able to really hear the music without distraction and interact directly with the musicians. Audience size ranges from 15 to 150 people, depending on what is comfortable to the home owner.
We book direct or use these online portals to manage the whole process:
You can be a part of this growing musical community, too! It’s quite easy and a ton of fun. Gather maybe 20 or more of your friends together and we’ll bring everything else we need to perform. See below for common questions and information about hosting a house concert in your home.
Here is a video of a house concert we performed at in 2017. This playlist of 5 videos has 4 excerpted songs, followed by the whole show which shows some of what we do live.
Common Questions and What to Expect
- Guests are asked to make a donation to the artist(s). $15 to $25 CAD, or 10 to 20 Euro, is suggested. Donations can be made directly to the musicians, or you can handle the money and pay the musicians afterwards – whatever is most comfortable for you.
- We also have PayPal and Square (Canada only) for accepting credit cards, as needed, for both donations and CD sales.
- If you choose to serve refreshments to your guests, we suggest a donation jar be placed on the table to offset your costs. Some hosts ask their guests to bring a dish or what they would like to drink and have a potluck. Some hosts make an event and enjoy serving their guests as a welcome to their home. And some guests do not serve any refreshments, or may have tea and coffee only. It all works and is completely up to you and what you are comfortable with.
- You know your guests bests, so if you do not have enough chairs for them all, you can either put pillows down on the floor, or ask them to bring their own. Some hosts have rented chairs from a party rental store, but usually, there are enough creative ways to seat your guests. It’s all part of the fun and magic.
- Some hosts require a small percentage of the donations to offset their costs and that’s perfectly okay. We appreciate and value the effort and want you to feel happy with all aspects of the evening. We understand ‘out of pocket’ costs and when asked, we work with you on that. We have hosted very many house concerts ourselves, we understand!
- Artists are often able to stay the night in the host’s home but it is not ‘mandatory’. It helps the artists are great deal if and when you are able to do so. It is also not necessary to provide food, but it is most welcome and also goes a long way to offset the costs of travel, which can be very expensive for musicians. Every little bit helps. We only ask you to be clear what you are willing to offer so we can make alternate arrangements well in advance.
- As Campbell + Green, we usually play two sets of ~50 minutes each, with a 20 – 30 minute break in between. That makes for a comfortable two to two and a half hour evening or afternoon. We are flexible if you prefer something different.
- Time of day or evening we perform is up to you, our schedule, and what you think will be most acceptable to your guests.
- People attending a house concert are generally expected to sit quietly as though attending a concert in a hall. The musicians themselves will invite your guests to participate, sing along, or dance as is fitting with the music and the room. Most important to understand is that a house concert is not a party where musicians are expected to play music in the background. It is an opportunity for the audience to enjoy the artist’s work fully. And, yes, sometimes a fun party and sing-song does break out during or after the show!
- CD sales may be directly handled by the artist off the ‘stage’ or from a table. Campbell + Green always make a point of presenting the hosts with a signed CD (or two!) and much gratitude for opening their home!
- Once the concert begins, relax and Enjoy! Let us do the entertaining. It’s what we do best!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask! We have hosted many house concerts, since 2008, and have had shows from 6 to 76 people in our home. We know it can be uncharted territory at first but once you get started, we know you’ll love it. We are more than happy to discuss any aspect of hosting a house concert you may be concerned about.
Email us! We’d love to chat with you.